Even in the perfect home, there is always some problem. For me, I can never get enough lighting. I love big, huge windows for sunlight, but when the sun goes down, I’m left in the dark. There never seems to be enough light built in to rooms.
The classic solution to this is to get a floor lamp. Any floor lamp will brighten up the room, but it’s also a piece of furniture. And let’s face it – we are all too old for those gaudy, ugly, cheap lamps that we all had in college and that got so hot we hoped it would burn up our homework.
It’s time to pick out some nice lamps for your place to make it brighter, and not only in wattage.
Classic and Simple
1. [reviewengine_link id=”18103″ url=”https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Satin-Nickel-Floor-Glass/dp/B01GW7BZPI?tag=hereviews03-20″]Dayton Satin Nickel Floor Lamp with Glass Tray Table[/reviewengine_link]
For classic and simple, this lamp is as classic and simple as it gets. To boot, there is a table built into it, so this is perfect for putting next to a comfy chair. You will have light for reading and a place to put your tea or glasses while you read.
2. [reviewengine_link id=”18104″ url=”https://www.amazon.com/Kathy-Ireland-Sonnett-High-Floor/dp/B0062YYOXC?tag=hereviews03-20″]Kathy Ireland Sonnett 63 1/2″ High Twin Pull Floor Lamp[/reviewengine_link]
This lamp just feels really “grown up” to me. I feel like this lamp belongs in the house of one of those adults with their life together. It has a linen shade, a bronze finish base, and a faux marble accent. I honestly don’t feel like I deserve this lamp until I can be a better adult first.
3. [reviewengine_link id=”18105″ url=”https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Grayson-Standing-Arches-Living/dp/B07CMHR7S1?tag=hereviews03-20″]Brightech Grayson LED Arc Floor Lamp[/reviewengine_link]
I definitely can picture this lamp in a modern office, hanging over the desk or chair of some graphic designer or engineer. Even though it is quite simple, the design still has some unique touches. It’s understated but inspirational.
In smaller spaces especially, sometimes it’s extremely useful to buy a lamp that has multiple lights on it. That way, one lamp can light up different parts of the room.
4. [reviewengine_link id=”18106″ url=”https://www.amazon.com/Jordan-Brushed-Nickel-Torchiere-Light/dp/B01LF9ZXVK?tag=hereviews03-20″]Jordan Brushed Nickel Tree Torchiere 3 Light Floor Lamp[/reviewengine_link]
This lamp is super simple and classic, but still provides 3 different lights to help provide extra light. The main light is your classic standing lamp, but the two arms are adjustable so that you can aim them properly for reading a book on the sofa. The metal finish makes it good for more modern décor.
5. [reviewengine_link id=”18107″ url=”https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Jacob-Bedrooms-Adjustable-Standing/dp/B0794G2JKZ?tag=hereviews03-20″]Brightech Jacob – LED Reading and Floor Lamp for Living Rooms[/reviewengine_link]
Again, this lamp has three different lights, but here all three lights are adjustable. Definitely put this lamp behind the sofa to light up different spaces in the room.
Fun, Unique Designs
6. [reviewengine_link id=”18108″ url=”https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Liam-Lantern-Standing-Contemporary/dp/B077KDRFRF?tag=hereviews03-20″]Brightech Liam – Asian Lantern Shade Tree LED Floor Lamp[/reviewengine_link]
I love this lamp because it’s classic and plain but still has a touch of style. The lamp shades look like hanging rice paper lanterns, giving it a bit of a unique feel.
7. [reviewengine_link id=”18109″ url=”https://www.amazon.com/Serena-Ditalia-Tiffany-Contemporary-Stained/dp/B00E0LIVUG?tag=hereviews03-20″]Serena D[/reviewengine_link]
I’m not going to lie, I’ve always wanted a Tiffany lamp. I think that they are gorgeous and fun, while still being super classy. This lamp is a subtle variation on the Tiffany style lamp, and I absolutely adore it. It has a slight Victorian flair while still appealing to a more modern design.
8. [reviewengine_link id=”18110″ url=”https://www.amazon.com/Turkish-Moroccan-Mosaic-Handmade-Tiffany/dp/B01M4IG1T5?tag=hereviews03-20″]Turkish Moroccan Mosaic Glass Handmade Tiffany Floor Lamp[/reviewengine_link]
Speaking of gorgeous Tiffany style lamps, this Moroccan Mosaic glass lamp is out of this world. Not only is it absolutely gorgeous, it is customizable! You can choose between 51 different globe styles for the three bulbs. You can choose one globe style or three different ones for the same lamp. The same company makes other types of lights and accessories, all in this same Moroccan style, so you can truly turn one part of your house into a vacation. This is the 3 globe version, but there is also a 7 globe version as well.
Brighten up your day by brightening up the room. Floor lamps are an easy, simple way to bring more light into any room.
As to my personal favorites from this list, I really like the Dayton Satin Nickel Floor Lamp with Glass Tray Table because I like simpler furniture in general. I like to add knick-knacks and accessories to show off my style instead, and I like that this lamp is a two-for-one side table and lamp.
Going for more the adding pizazz along with function, I have to go with the Serena D’italia Tiffany Style Lamps, Blue Contemporary Floor Lamp. I have a soft spot for Tiffany style lamps, and this lamp pulls it off in such a happy, simple way that I adore it.
Hopefully you can find a lamp that mixes form and function enough to brighten up your day.